Over 100 years of experience and offices in five countries has made the name of Bolliger synonymous with quality in the domestic and international moving sector.
Since 1909, our reputation, built on trust and reliability, has generated an extensive and loyal clientele of national and multinational corporations, international organizations and private customers. Today, with strong roots in the past and a commitment to innovation, Bolliger is evolving with the times to maintain its leadership position in the moving industry.
- 1909 Arthur Bolliger opens the first office in Piazza di Spagna.
- 1915-18 Bolliger moves the Embassy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire from the palace in Piazza Venezia to Vienna.
- 1919 Bolliger buys its first trucks, which are ex-army vehicles of WW1.
- 1928 Bolliger acquires warehouses in Via Casilina and alongside the Tiber.
- 1930 Bolliger develops one of the first networks of agents in Europe and overseas for door to door shipments in wooden liftvans.
- 1943 Bolliger holds the sacred artifacts of the Rome Synagogue in its safekeeping on behalf of the Jewish Community.
- 1950 Bolliger is one of the founding members of FIDI (Fédération Internationale de Déménageurs Internationaux). Today FIDI has 600 agents in 100 countries and is the largest association of our industry in the world.
- 1966 Bolliger's Milan office opens in Via Boccaccio.
- 1970 Opening of the Milan office on the via Boccaccio.
- 1974 Bolliger acquires the old-established company, Tanzi of Lugano Switzerland, which is now known as Bolliger & Tanzi.
- 1975 Bolliger's New York offices are inaugurated with warehouses located in Stamford, Connecticut.
- 1975 Bolliger opens an office in London and acquires warehouses on Park Royal Road.
- 1975 Bolliger inaugurates new offices and warehouses in Via dei Buonvisi, Rome.
- 1980 Bolliger opens an office in Madrid, Spain.
- 1982 Bolliger becomes the exclusive agent for Italy of Allied International.
- 1985 Bolliger is a founding member of the Overseas Moving Network (OMNI).
- 1998 Bolliger opens the Florence office.
- 2000 Bolliger is certified FIDI FAIM (FIDI Accredited International Mover).
- 2002 Bolliger is the first moving company in Italy to gain the ISO 9001 certification.
- 2003 Bolliger receives the Allied International President's Award.
- 2004 Bolliger transfers its Rome offices to Via Fosso della Magliana.
- 2008 Bolliger transfers its Milan offices to Via Pero, Rho.
- 2009 Bolliger celebrates its centenary year.
- Domestic and International removals:
by road | by air | by sea
- Fine arts
- Office moving
- Archive management
- Distribution and logistics